The Phoenix Metropolitan Area includes several cities that are right next door to one another and extend over 100 miles from East to West and 70 miles from North to South. When we talk about Phoenix we refer to the city as, The Valley of the Sun, which includes numerous suburbs including; Scottsdale, Glendale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Phoenix, Carefree, Cave Creek, Fountain Hills, Peoria, Avondale, Litchfield Park, Paradise Valley, Sun City, Surprise, Buckeye, Queen Creek, San Tan Valley and Gold Canyon Ranch, all within Maricopa County.
PHOENIX AREA INFORMATION
Animal Shelters and Rescue Services
Art and Culture in Phoenix
City Profile Pages
City Profile Market Stats
Colleges and Universities
Dining and Nightlife
Maricopa County School Districts
Parks and Preserves
Phoenix on Sports
Property Search by School Districts
Real Estate News
Shopping in Phoenix
Spectacular Day Trips
Taxes and Licenses
Types of Housing in Phoenix
Utility Companies and Services
Arizona: One of the top 10 fastest growing states in 2018.
Phoenix: 1,563,025 – 6th largest city in the U.S. 2017
Phoenix Metro Area (the Valley of the Sun) the 6th largest metro area by population in the U.S.
Phoenix has more than 4.7 million people. 2017
Maricopa County: 4,737,270. 2017
Average Age – 32.9 years old. 2016
For current market conditions, please visit our monthly Market Statistics section.
The Difference between Average and Median:
The “mean” is the “average” you’re used to, where you add up all the numbers and then divide by the number of numbers. The “median” is the “middle” value in the list of numbers.
Average List Price
Median List Price
Average Sales Price
Median Sale Price
* Cumulative Days On Market
WEATHER Phoenix 10 Day Forcast
- Average Rainfall – Less than 9 inches.
- Average Sunny Days are more than 300 per year.
- Average Drive to Work Time – 24 minutes.
- Average Daily Temperature in July is 102 degrees.
- Average Electric Bill per APS statistics
(assumes a 2,500 square foot house with a family of 4 and a pool)
is $190 to $210 per month in summer, $95 to $115 in winter.
MORE PHOENIX AREA FACTS
- – The Phoenix Metropolitan Area covers almost 9,224 square miles.
- – There are more than 190 area golf courses, private and public.
- – Arizona has 69 man made and natural lakes and more boating per capita than any other state.
- – The Valley of the Sun is home to 23 Indian Reservations that represent 21 Native American Tribes.
- – There are 2 Snow Mountains in The state, Snowbowl and Sunrise. Snowbowl is only 2 hours away.
- – Phoenix is the 6th largest metropolitan area and in the top 10 fastest growing areas in the country.
- – The Valley of the Sun ranks 5th in the availability and quality of arts and culture in the country offering more than 30 museums and 160 art galleries, The Phoenix Symphony, Arizona Opera Company, The Herberger Theater and the newly renovated Orpheum Theater.
- -The Desert Botanical Garden has the largest variety of desert plants and cacti collection in the world.
- _ The Saguaro Cactus is the symbol of the Southwest Desert and is only found in the Sonoran Desert areas and can reach 200 years old and weigh in at over 2 tons.